Xbox is partnering with Barclays and Mastercard to bring you its own credit card, which is coming to the US this month. The card will feature no annual fee and will have rewards for those who play on Xbox.
Not available to all users yet
Due to release on September 21, the Xbox Mastercard will at first be available to Xbox Insiders within the United States, including Alaska and Hawaii. There are then plans to make it available to all users across the US in 2024.
According to a press release, the company is looking to “expand the ways Xbox players can earn rewards for gaming.”
Some of the benefits of the credit card include:
- 5X card points on eligible products at the Microsoft Store
- Free online access to cardmember’s FICO Credit Score
- Access to meaningful experiences on Priceless.com, available exclusively to Mastercard cardholders
- The benefits of the Mastercard network, ID Theft Protection, Zero Liability Protection, and Global Services for emergency assistance
You’ll also earn points for every dollar you spend on the Xbox credit card. This includes:
- Xbox & Microsoft – Earn 5x card points on eligible products at the Microsoft Store.??
- Streaming Services – Earn 3x card points on eligible streaming services like Netflix and Disney+.?
- Dining Delivery Services – Earn 3x card points on eligible dining delivery services like Grubhub and DoorDash.?
- Everyday purchases – Earn 1x card points on all other everyday purchases.?
Sherri Haymond, EVP, Global Digital Partnerships at Mastercard, says that “Mastercard has a long history in innovating across esports and mobile and online gaming,” and has a longstanding partnership with Microsoft.
You can find more details about the card on the Xbox website if you’re interested in it, especially if you’re an Xbox Insider.