The Monster Hunter Now best armor is based on the skills they come paired with. The defense stat for the armor is important of course, but so long as you continue to upgrade your choice for gear, that will take care of itself. That said, it’s good not to waste resources on trying to level every piece of equipment as that would take a lot of materials, zenny, and time. Instead, it’s better to focus on the helm, chest, waist, legs, and arms pieces that have the skills which will fit your particular build the most, especially as you near the midgame and endgame. Here is a list of the best armor in MH Now for Android and iOS.
Monster Hunter Now best armor list
The following gear is our recommendations on the best armor in the game so far for a general build, sorted in alphabetical order:
- Kulu Greaves – This has the universally good Crit Eye trait at Level 1 on Grade 2 and at Level 6 on Grade 6.
- Kulu Headpiece – You’ll get this head piece in an early mission and it’s very strong. Not only does it have the Lock On property so can aim at specific monster body parts, but it has the Crit Eye trait that will increase your critical hit chance by 10%.
- Kulu Vambraces – Like other pieces of the Kulu set, this has Crit Eye trait at Level 1 once it’s at Grade 4.
- Leather Mail – This early chest piece has the Attack Boost trait once it’s upgraded to Garde 2.
- Rathalos Helm – This helm also has the Attack Boost trait at Level 2 once it’s upgraded to Grade 5.
- Rathalos Greaves – Like the Rathalos Mail below, this bestows the fantastic Weakness Exploit trait. At Grade 6, it will provide 1 Level in the trait.
- Rathalos Mail – The Weakness Exploit is a very strong skill when paired with the Lock On ability. You’ll get this trait at Level 1 when it’s at Grade 5 and at Level 2 when it’s at Garde 6.
- Rathalos Vambraces – This arms piece also has the Attack Boost trait, this time at Grade 6. This also has the Lock On trait in case you want to use this instead of the Kulu Headpiece.
So in summary, the Lock On, Attack Boost, Crit Eye, and Weakness Exploit are fantastic traits for an overall build. Any gear that has those traits are good choices for upgrades.
That said, we also recommend equipment that enhances specific elements, namely with the Fire Attack, Ice Attack, Poison Attack, Thunder Attack, and Water Attack traits. The increased attack damage for elemental weapons is key in taking down five-star enemies.
Monster Hunter Now Best Armor FAQ
A: In Monster Hunter Now, while the defense stat of the armor is crucial, it’s equally important to focus on the skills paired with the armor. As you progress, consistently upgrade your selected gear. However, avoid spreading your resources on every piece of equipment. Concentrate on helm, chest, waist, legs, and arms pieces that complement your build, especially as you approach midgame and endgame.
A: For a well-rounded build, prioritize gear that includes the Lock On, Attack Boost, Crit Eye, and Weakness Exploit traits. These traits significantly enhance your overall performance. For example, the Kulu and Rathalos sets possess several of these key traits, making them great choices for upgrades.
A: Yes, for elemental builds, equipment that boosts specific elements is recommended. Look for gear with the Fire Attack, Ice Attack, Poison Attack, Thunder Attack, and Water Attack traits. These traits amplify the attack damage of elemental weapons, making them essential for tackling five-star enemies.