On launch, Monster Hunter Now has six weapon types, each with a unique Special Skill. How these work will likely factor into which weapon type you decide to focus on, and you can see how each of them works below.
Monster Hunter Now Special Skill List
Each Monster Hunter Now weapon has a unique Special Skill that can cause massive damage to an enemy. However, they all require a bit of finesse to use properly. Here’s a list of all of them that are available in the game at launch:
- Bow Special Skill – Dragon Piercer: Dragon Piercer is another straightforward skill. It pierces through an enemy, causing damage to each part it touches. The key to making the most of this attack is to position yourself where the arrow passes through as much of your target’s body as possible.
- Great Sword Special Skill – True Charged Slash: With the Great Sword, you can unleash the True Charged Slash, which hits monsters with a powerful downward slash that causes massive damage.
- Hammer Special Skill – Spinning Bludgeon: The Hammer’s Special Skill consists of several spinning attacks, culminating in a strong upper smash. It’s one of the strongest attacks if you connect with all hits, but the short-range nature of the hammer can make it tough to do so.
- Light Bow Gun Special Skill – Wyvernblash Counter: The Light Bow Gun keeps it simple with its Special Skill. It fires one big ‘ol bullet that causes a lot of damage.
- Long Sword Special Skill – Spirit Helm Breaker: This skill has your hunter executing a forward thrust followed by a multi-hit jump attack. While this move is powerful, there is a chance for your target to dodge while you’re in the air.
- Sword and Shield Special Skill – Perfect Rush Combo: This skill launches a powerful multi-hit combo that can be devastating but tough to control.
Monster Hunter Now Special Skill FAQ
A: Each weapon in Monster Hunter Now boasts a distinct Special Skill. These skills are designed to deal significant damage but demand accuracy and strategy to utilize effectively.
A: The effectiveness of each Special Skill varies with the weapon. For instance, with the Bow’s Dragon Piercer, it’s essential to aim so that the arrow traverses through the most substantial part of the monster, maximizing damage. Mastery requires understanding each skill’s nuances and practicing accordingly.
A: Yes, the Sword and Shield’s Perfect Rush Combo is a prime example. This skill initiates a potent multi-hit combo. While it’s devastating, its complex nature demands control and precision from the player.