The Baldur’s Gate 3 legendary items list is chock full of powerful weapons and armor. You’ll find the majority of them in Act 2 and 3 of the game, though some are available earlier than that. Altogether, there are almost 20 legendary items that you can earn through a single playthrough, with many of them requiring you to clear some a long questline or conquer a very tough boss (or both). Here’s a breakdown of every legendary item in BG3 and a brief description of how to obtain each one.
Baldur’s Gate 3 legendary items list of weapons and armor
The following is a quick list of all legendary items with a description of where you can find them, sorted in alphabetical order:
- The Annals of Karsus
- This legendary book is found in the Karsus Vault in Ramazith’s Tower in Act 3. On the lower level of the tower, you can vault over to a room where another legendary book called The Red Knight’s Final Strategem is held. From here, head through a Ramazith door, Silverhand door, Evocation door, and finally a Silver door to reach the switch.
- Balduran’s Giantslayer
- In Act 3, defeat the dragon Ansur in the Wyrmway by completing all of the trials in the dungeon. You’ll need to save Duke Ravengard from his prison first.
- The Blood of Lathander
- In Act 1, this mace is found in Creche Y’llek beneath the Rosymorn Monastery near the Mountain Pass. It’s in a secret passageway past the Inquisitor’s Chamber.
- This legendary dagger is found after beating Orin the Red in the Temple of Bhaal, found in the Undercity Ruins of the Lower City Sewers beneath the city of Baldur’s Gate in Act 3. This is related to the Murder Tribunal and Defeat Orin the Red quests.
- Crimson Mischief
- This legendary shortsword is found on Orin the Red as well. You can look at the entry for Bloodthirst above for more instructions.
- Devotee’s Mace
- A cleric at Level 10 can cast Divine Intervention to earn this mace after selecting the Arm Thy Servant option of the spell.
- Duelist’s Prerogative
- In The Blushing Mermaid in Act 3, you need to save Vanra from Auntie Ethel (yes, the hag from Act 1). Vanra’s mom will hand you this rapier as a reward.
- Gloves of Soul Catching
- These gloves will require that you defeat Raphael in the House of Hope in Act 3, making sure that Hope survives the battle. These gloves are perfect for a monk build.
- Gontr Mael
- You’ll find this weapon in the Steel Watch Foundry in Act 3 from the corpse of a Steel Watcher Titan. You will need to follow the Save the Gondians questline to do so.
- Helm of Balduran
- Along the way of finding the Balduran’s Greatsword after defeating Ansur in Act 3, you can find this helm at a passageway in a prison.
- Helldusk Armor
- This legendary armor is found by defeating the devil Raphael at the House of Hope in Act 3. It’s not easy, but it’s one of the best legendary armor pieces because it automatically makes the wearer proficient with it.
- In Ramazith’s Tower in Act 3, you can deactivate an arcane barrier to earn this legendary quarterstaff.
- At the Circus of Last Days in Act 3, attempt to steal from Akabi. This will transport you do a place with dinosaurs and a chest at the end that has this legendary trident.
- Orphic Hammer
- Found in the House of Hope in Act 3, this warhammer will related to a quest where you’ll need it to smash the shackles off Hope and Orpheus. You can either steal it or agree to Raphael’s deal.
- The Red Knight’s Final Strategem
- This book is also found in Ramazith’s Tower in Act 3 where you need to vault to room on the lower level of the tower. The book will give you a Scroll of Artistry of War that a wizard like Gale can learn.
- Selune’s Spear of Night
- Found at the start of Act 3, this spear can be received after rescuing Nightsong from Ketheric Storm in Act 2. You will need to have Shadowheart spare Nightsong in Act 1.
- Shapeshifter’s Mask
- This legendary mask is found in your camp Traveler’s Chest if you purchased the Shapeshift spell.
- Shar’s Spear of Evening
- In Act 2, defeat Balthazar in Nightsong’s Prison in the Gauntlet of Shar. If you convince Shadowheart to defeat Nightsong, you will receive this +3 spear.
- The Tharciate Codex
- In Act 3, this legendary book can found behind the Elminster door in the Sorcerous Sundries shop in the Lower City of Baldur’s Gate. Once you find your way into the vault, go through the Silverhand, Evocation, Wish, and Foresight doors. Pull the lever in the Wish door to unlock the Elminster store to get this book.
- Viconia’s Walking Fortress
- In the House of Grief in Act 3, defeat Viconia DeVir to get this item from her body.
BG3 Legendary Items FAQ
A: In Act 3, “The Annals of Karsus” is located in the Karsus Vault inside Ramazith’s Tower. You’ll need to navigate through several doors including the Ramazith, Silverhand, and Evocation doors, and then proceed through the Silver door to find the switch leading to the book.
A: In Act 3, you can secure the “Balduran’s Giantslayer” by defeating the dragon named Ansur in the Wyrmway. To face this dragon, you must first complete all of the dungeon trials and rescue Duke Ravengard from his prison.
A: The “Helldusk Armor”, one of the best legendary armor pieces, is obtained by overcoming the devil Raphael in the House of Hope during Act 3. An added advantage of this armor is that it grants the wearer instant proficiency with it.