Knowing how to fix the ChatGPT “Signup is currently unavailable” error is key to getting online and speaking to the OpenAI chatbot. Unfortunately, it can be easier said than done. Thankfully there are some workarounds to help solve the issue.
ChatGPT “Signup is currently unavailable” error fix
To fix the ChatGPT “Signup is currently unavailable” error, users should:
- If it’s not urgent, simply come back later and try again.
- ChatGPT continues to grow in popularity and that demand can sometimes result in downtime.
- OpenAI sometimes temporarily limits the number of users that can sign up.
- Clear your internet browser’s cache and try again.
- Try using a different browser.
- Disable any extensions, plugins, or other tools that could conflict.
- Consider ChatGPT Plus which includes access to the chatbot even when demand is high.
- Try a different chatbot.
- Google Bard is becoming more popular and may be worth a look.
If the above fixes don’t help, the next best step is to contact OpenAI directly.
Hopefully OpenAI can resolve this issue itself sooner rather than later, as there is only so much that a user can do to try and work around these limits.