In Lies of P, you can get Special Weapons that work a bit differently than the regular, more common ones. These typically have a gimmick and must be upgraded with different materials. Fortunately, they’re also a lot easier to find.
How to get Special Weapons in Lies of P
To get Special Weapons in Lies of P, you need to trade Rare Ergo to either Alidoro or Explorer Hugo at Hotel Krat. Every major boss in the game will give you a piece of Rare Ergo, which in turn unlocks a specific Special Weapon. The exception to this rule is the Golden Lie, which is obtained by more esoteric means.
Lies of P Special Weapons List
There are 11 Special Weapons in Lies of P, and you can find their unlock requirements below:
- Seven-Coil Spring Sword: Trade Parade Leader’s Ergo.
- Etiquette: Trade Broken Hero’s Ergo.
- Holy Sword of the Ark: Trade King’s Flame Ergo
- Trident of the Covenant: Trade Twisted Angel’s Ergo.
- Puppet Ripper: Trade Burnt-White King’s Ergo.
- Frozen Feast: Trade Reborn Champion’s Ergo.
- Two Dragons Sword: Trade Puppet-Devouring Green Hunter’s Ergo.
- Uroboros’s Eye: Trade Sad Zealot’s Ergo.
- Noblesse Oblige: Trade Fallen One’s Ergo.
- Golden Lie:
- You must lie throughout your playthrough.
- Defeat the last boss and activate the Under the Abyss Stargazer.
- Backup your save.
- Give Gepetto the heart when he asks for it.
- Do not start New Game Plus. Let the credits roll and load back into the game.
- Head to the record play and play every record you own without stopping.
- Go to Geppetto’s Study and interact with the painting with the long nose to obtain Golden Lie.
- Proof of Humanity:
- After completing the above, head back to the Under the Abyss Stargazer, but refuse to give Gepetto the heart this time.
- Now, fight the Nameless Puppet and let the credits roll again.
- Do not start New Game Plus.
- Load the game again and use the Nameless Puppet’s Ergo to buy the Proof of Humanity from the Special Weapon shop.
Lies of P Special Weapon FAQ
A: In Lies of P, Special Weapons have unique gimmicks and require different materials for upgrades compared to regular weapons. They’re also more straightforward to obtain.
A: To acquire most Special Weapons in Lies of P, you should trade Rare Ergo to either Alidoro or Explorer Hugo at Hotel Krat.
A: In Lies of P, after defeating every major boss in the game, you’ll receive a piece of Rare Ergo. This can then be traded to either Alidoro or Explorer Hugo at Hotel Krat to unlock a specific Special Weapon.